What on Earth are you Carrying?!
As textiles artists, makers or designers we have a one common trait. We carry a lot of stuff!!! This can be anything from sketchbooks, pencil cases, magazines, notebooks and embroidery hoops!
Today I’m going to show you what’s inside my travel sewing/embroidery/embellishment kit. I take this to work with me, on long trips and you will usually find me sitting next to it at home. I should give it a name!
Having a smaller embroidery kit with me helps me focus on projects that I should currently be working on!
1. Embroidery Thread: I use DMC and Anchor threads. John Lewis had a crazy discount on all their anchor threads last year… I don’t think I bought enough.
2. Embroidery Scissors: Consider these my embroidery life jacket.
3. Air Erasable Marker: So handy! Works like magic! Just remember your marks are here today and gone tomorrow so make sure you have a back up version of your embroidery design.
4. Beading and Crewel needles: I actually forgot I put these in here! I like to have options!
6. Random Embroidery Patch: Something In was supposed to fix to something else.
7. Thread: Very random shades, not sure how they snuck it. I clearly don’t pay that much attention to what I carry around with me!
9. Needle Pouch: I decided to make my own, however, I store needles anywhere! They don’t want to stay in one place!
10. Seed Beads: I love these colours! I keep them with me for colour inspiration! Bought these in Nottingham at the Bead Shop.
11. Pins: Really useful for hand embroidery when rogue excess of fabric needs taming around the embroidery hoop!
Let me know if I’m missing anything!? What do you carry around with you all day?